Saturday, January 04, 2014

How to get Clip-on Sunglasses to Fit

The Problem: The people who make clip-on sunglasses haven't figured out a way to account for glasses that have a light-weight brow bar on top and wire on the bottom.



This has been bothering me for days. I tried rubber bands, and I tried tape. Nothing worked. Then, while rummaging through my drawers in search of obsolete technology to throw away, I came across a few of these:



Here's what I did:





[The innards come out a lot more easily if you pull the inner-innards (the colored wires that are wrapped in foil) first. The wire threads will them come out easily.]





You might want to cut longer pieces and then trim them to fit, since once you put them on they will only come off if you cut them. My glasses need longer pieces on the bottom.

Here's how the temples look:





The longer pieces on the bottom do not interfere with my field of vision at all.



Voila! The fit isn't perfect, but they do stay on my glasses.


No comments: