Sunday, November 16, 2008

Meme of Seven

Oh dear! Lisa Hirsch's Iron Tongue tagged me for the meme of seven.

The rules:
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. If you don't have 7 blog friends, or if someone else already took dibs, then tag some unsuspecting strangers.

Here goes:

1. I chipped off half of my freshly-grown permanent left front tooth on the bathtub faucet when I was seven, and it grew back completely within a year.

2. I love the Smothers Brothers.

3. I was friends with the original cast of the PBS show Zoom when I was in junior high school.

4. I can count to ten in Cantonese.

5. I shared my "puzzle theory" about the continents being connected at one time with my third grade teacher. She thought I was crazy. I still love geography, especially since I found out later that science had proven my theory right.

6. I spent several of my kids' elementary school years as an "art lady." I came into the classrooms once a month and discussed works of art with them. The kids loved it when I turned pictures upside down. We had a blast. I imagine that one of those kids will end up in one of my college classes one of these days.

7. I was the parent-in-charge of "The Junior Cartoonists Society" when my son was in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades. We met in the basement of the library with a bunch of like-minded kids, and drew cartoons. We made four books and sold them in a local book store. They are available through interlibrary loan on the worldcat.

I'm tagging Michael, since I'm pretty sure he has not been a part of this meme. All the other bloggers I read have seem already to have revealed their seven deep secrets. I hope that my penalty for breaking the meme chain won't come in multiples of seven.

1 comment:

j said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your list. So great that you introduced art to so many children- made it fun and a regular part of their life.

I love the Smothers Brothers, too. (Mom always liked you best!)